Royal William IV
Situated in central Lincoln, in the riverside north east corner of Brayford Pool is The Royal William IV, dating back over 170 years in an area with a history going back considerably longer. Traces of late Iron Age occupation dating from the 1st century BC were noted during excavations in 1972. The Roman army took control of this part of “Lindum Colonia” in the mid-1st century AD, most likely to bring supplies in by water using the well developed water ways.
Today the Royal William IV is a traditional Lincolnshire pub with a great selection of beers & wines, serving classic pub food in a friendly atmosphere.
Ever So “Environmentally” Sensible
Climate change is a real threats to all our futures, we all need to start doing things differently before it is too late. As a business we actively take steps to be more sustainable. Whilst we can’t change everything immediately, we have made a start, see below.
- Increasing “plant-based” food items on all our menus
- Reducing food waste throughout our sites
- Smaller changes like switching to eco-friendly straws, napkins, and toilet rolls.
- Reviewed our waste recycling and now separate our food waste, glass and cardboard.
- Working with suppliers to reduce unnecessary packaging.
- Switching all our Electric and Gas to a of 100% renewable energy supplier
- Started making the change from gas cookers to electric induction cookers in our kitchens.
- As our hot water boilers need replacing these will become electric rather than gas
- Some of our sites even give their vegetable off-cuts away as animal feed!
- Where possible, we are installing electric car charging points in our car parks. The MD now drives a fully electric car with other company vehicles being Hybrids.
We will keep looking for changes we can make now and in the future. If you can suggest other practical and sensible action we can undertake please let us know 🙂
We are open…
12 noon – 9.00pm
Sunday roasts served 12-5pm. Choose from: Lamb Shank, British Silverside of Beef, Lemon & Thyme Roasted Chicken, Belly Pork or Nut Roast
Fish & Chip Mondays!
Join us for Fish & Chips or Scampi & Chips for £8.95
Join us every Tuesday from 8.30pm £1 p/player Max Teams of 6 Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Pie & Pint Wednesdays!
Free drink with all pies, every Wednesday. Choose from: Steak & Ale, Chicken & Ham or Mushroom & Onion!
Beer & Burger Thursdays!
Free drink with any burger, every Thursday